The Friends of the Library is a wonderful group of individuals who meet on a monthly basis to assist the community at large. The focus of the group is to assist in the long-term sustainability of the Innisfil Library system by actively fundraising, acquiring valuable resources and expanding the profile of the library in the community.
With these aims in mind the Innisfil Public Library Friends of the Library are committed to supporting the youth of Innisfil with their an annual bursary program. There will be two bursaries available each valued at five-hundred dollars ($500.00). All College or University eligible high school students residing in the Town of Innisfil are welcome to apply. Please take note of the following information.
Requirements (incomplete applications will not be considered for this award):
1. Completion of application form
2. Completion of written submission
3. Letter of Recommendation from a Nominator (Teacher or Community Leader)
4. Academic Transcript (Available from school Guidance Department)
5. Official List of the Post-Secondary Institutions to which applicant has applied
1. Students residing in Innisfil while attending their final year of high school.
2. High school students entering first year full time studies at college or university in September 2013.
3. Preference will be given but not limited to those entering Communications or Education based programs such as: English, Journalism, Digital Media, Computer Studies, Library Studies, Teaching or Early Childhood Education.
Review of Applicants:
Each application will be reviewed by a committee comprised of members of the Friends Group.
Applications must be submitted on or before Friday, May 31st, 2013 at 5:00pm.
Bursaries will be awarded at the fall or spring convocation of the school(s) at which the winners attend.
Download application form: Word | PDF
Submit in person or by mail or fax or email to:
Friends of the Innisfil Library
967 Innisfil Beach Road
P.O. Box 7049
Innisfil, ON L9S 1A8