One Year Maternity Leave Contract
Full Time Hours (35 hrs. per week) Employment Opportunity
Librarian – Children’s Services – Innisfil Public Library
This is a rewarding opportunity for an energetic and highly motivated Children’s Services Librarian. As a key member of our vital programming team, the Children’s Services Librarian is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of library services and children’s programs at all branches of the library system. This individual will also ensure that library values and policies are upheld on a daily basis through all interactions with every library customer.
The Town of Innisfil is located approximately one half hour north of the GTA. The Innisfil Public Library has four branches, serving the 33,000 plus residents of the Town.
Desirable Training and Experience:
• Public Library experience in children’s services;
• Master of Information, Master of Information Studies, or Master of Library & Information Science degree;
• Ability to organize and co-ordinate children’s programming for the four branches of IPL;
• Significant knowledge of children’s literature, trends, and a practical understanding of child development;
• Thorough, practical, knowledge of current technologies and devices;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and lead or support a team;
• Excellent pro-active/roving customer service skills;
• Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, at all branches of the library system;
• Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation;
• Police records check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, no later than 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7, 2013 to:
Jayne Asselstine, Deputy Chief Librarian
Innisfil Public Library, Box 7049, Innisfil, Ontario L9S 1A8
Fax (705) 431-4898
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information contained in your resume is collected
under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
and will be used strictly for employment assessment purposes.
Download job description: Word | PDF
Please visit Northern Lights - Innisfil Employment Services Centre for information on finding employment in Innisfil.